Dad here today.
I have a little scare with Jerry – I noticed a small lump on his front left paw and took him over to the vet office today.
Dr. C. is positive it is not a recurrence of the fibrous sarcoma – great news – and she is very confident it is not cancer – good news. Dr. C. was hoping it was a cyst, but when she tried to drain it, the lump proved to be solid. So, Jerry is going to have the lump removed tomorrow (and he needs some dental work so we’ll take care of that at the same time). Dr. C. is going to biopsy the lump and we’ll know definitely whether it’s cancer or not by next Tuesday.
All positive thoughts, prayers, whatever are greatly appreciated.
3 thoughts on “December 18, 2014: Amputation+6 months, 12 days”
Awwww Jerry….quit scaring yur Dad like that!!! No more lumps, okay??
Many times hard lumps turn out to be nothing at all, ao TRY not to worry!
And JERRY FEELS FINE and that’s a really good sign!!!
Can’t wait to see more pictures of your adorable self!!
We’re all cheering loudly for you!!!! Yep…that background noise….that’s us applauding and cheering!!
Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle too!
Yes, it’s hard not to worry. But unlike the last time, the vet is really confident this is not cancer, but like I mentioned, we’re still doing the biopsy to be 100% sure. I’ve been using the vet practice for 23 years now and implicitly trust the doctors and the staff. Of course all the staff were excited that Jerry was spending some time with them – and they will properly spoil him (though I don’t see how he can be more spoiled than he already is). All through this Jerry is in good spirits and his normal happy, chatty self. Jerry’ll have to wear the cone-of-healing for a few days after the surgery, and Dr. C. said she’ll do her best to bury the stitches so the recovery time will be shorter.
One project I am going to start on is to build some steps so Jerry can get back up on the table in the foyer – one of his favorite places, especially to get brushed. I’ve noticed him running toward the table and stopping and looking up at it. He can’t jump that high with one leg, so I’ll give him a leg up, so to speak.
That’s about it for now. I’ll post an update later today after I hear from the vet on how things went today and a final post next week with the biopsy results.
Tom and Gordy say “hi”, too.
On behalf of The Pride,
Joe (aka “Dad”)
Oh no Jerry! Another surgery? Poor thing! Well rock on dude, relax and chill like only you can do, we know it’s going to be a wart or a zit or something like that right? Right!
Keep us posted.